Just came across this excellent article that so truly outlines why new grads are not a good fit for large enterprise IT systems. The key skills that make you a desired hire by any enterprise IT organization.
- An understanding of basic business functions
- Experience with enterprise systems integration
- Knowledge of emerging enterprise technologies
- The tech basics
- Familiarity with legacy systems
- Real-world perspective
- The ability to work as a team
- Extra: Traits IT managers love
The article is worth a read….