Backing up workspace settings and diagnosing workspace issues
Developers often run into few problems in Mulesoft Anypoint Studio like backing up workspace settings and diagnosing workspace issues. For today’s technical post, here are a few things that might help you while working with MuleSoft Anypoint Studio:
- It’s about “Studio Preferences”. Everyone might have faced issues with the Studio workspace and lot of people might have switched workspace or created new workspace or deleted and installed new studio version and perform all studio setup again. Instead, we can take a backup of workspace settings as soon as we complete our studio setup or else take a deep dive into workspace folder to diagnose the issues.
“File->Export. General->Preferences” to export
- “File->Import. Install->From existing installation” to import the configuration you had in old to new version.
MuleSoft Anypoint Studio settings are stored in your workspace folder. To diagnose workspace issues, please find the below locations:
- If you want to create new studio workspace with desired settings, configure studio with all org level desired settings and you can copy the “Mule_WorkSpace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.core.runtime” path into your new workspace folder.
- If you created a new workspace, you can find the old launch configurations in “Mule_WorkSpace\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.debug.core.launches”. You can copy your old launch configurations from your old to new workspace.
- To reduce chance of facing workspace issues, create a shortcut to Anypoint Studio that does include the clean option “-clean” or you can edit “MuleSoft\Studio_6.6.0\AnypointStudio.ini” and add the following argument at the end of the .ini file “osgi.clean=true” (windows) and “-Dosgi.clean=true” (mac).
Keep exploring, keep learning and keep sharing!
Contact us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling +1 (855) 818-0018 to learn how Incepta can accelerate your integration journey.
About Incepta Solutions
At Incepta Solutions, our team of #InceptaInnovators is passionate about developing the bridge between people and operations, as we create stories that we can all be proud of. Since our inception in 2010, we are recognized as trusted experts in providing digital services to global businesses. We are proud to be named one of the top 5 Information Technology companies in Canada on the Growth List 2020 (published by Canadian Business and MacLeans). In addition, we are humbled to be recently certified as a Great Place to Work.
Our full suite of digital services includes:
Cybersecurity | Integration | Digital Transformation
Data Management | Cloud Strategy | Customer 360
At Incepta Solutions, we provide business solutions that solve challenges and enable future growth and success for all of our clients. We leverage industry-leading technologies to provide innovative solutions that are robust, of premier quality, and cost-effective.
In our growth journey, our goal is to become a global leader in digital transformation and enterprise solutions. We enable businesses all over the world to solve complex and critical integration challenges. As #InceptaInnovators, we hope to look back at these times on how we have helped global brands and enterprises achieve success. Our driving force is that one day, we are able to reflect on our shared journey and be proud of the stories we have created together.
Incepta Solutions | Powered by innovation, driven by results
LinkedIn | Twitter | Facebook | Instagram