This case study explains how Incepta Solutions helped a global spirit and wine company with Cloud Assessment and Migration.
Our client, a global premium brand of wine and spirit, needed an assessment of its current infrastructure for cloud readiness and migration to the Azure Cloud environment. The fortune 500 company was struggling because of rigid and legacy infrastructure and siloed data sources.
Incepta was selected for this crucial cloud migration assessment project due to our expertise in Cloud Migration services, Asset Management, and Infrastructure upgrades.
Cloud Assessment and Migration
- Implement Azure Cloud application services infrastructure
- Manage the existing assets for the ordering application
- Provide a cloud database setup in the Azure environment to ensure connectivity among various systems
The scope of the project was to implement the client’s Azure Cloud application services infrastructure, manage the existing assets for the ordering app, and provide a cloud database set up in the Azure environment to ensure connectivity among the client’s ordering app on the cloud, JD Edwards ERP, and Exceedra trade promotion systems. The high-level scope included
- Analyze and assess existing AppDev infrastructure
- Analyze current processes in the AppDev team
- Provide recommendations for future infrastructure roll-out
- Implement the cloud database for the ordering application on Azure cloud and decommission the on-premise database
- Global wine and spirit brand
- Has over 240 premium products
- Important industry player in over 160 countries
The global company is an industry-leading wine and spirits company with 240 premium products available in over 160 countries.
- Legacy Systems
- Numerous siloed data sources scattered across
- Rigid and unscalable infrastructure
- Poor quality inconsistent data
The client was facing business challenges due to its legacy infrastructure and siloed data sources scattered over its system. This prevented them from adapting agile processes, they could not scale easily and the data quality was poor and inconsistent.
Migration to Flexible & Scalable Azure Cloud
At Incepta Solutions, we understand how vital it is to choose the right infrastructure to connect other platforms, integrate services, and obtain real-time data.
To assess the current infrastructure, Incepta performed a Cloud Readiness assessment first. To address the client’s requirements, our team implemented the Azure application services infrastructure and managed the existing assets for the ordering application. We provided a cloud database setup in the Azure cloud environment to ensure smooth connectivity between the client’s ordering application on the cloud and the JDE and Exceedra systems.
Technology Used: Microsoft Azure, JD Edwards ERP, Exceedra Trade Promotion System
Industry: Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG), Retail
Here are the outcomes that were achieved for this engagement:
- Delivered a database and AppDev infrastructure design for the Ordering App on the Azure platform
- Created the dev and QA environment for the Ordering App on Azure
- Worked with the delivery team in promoting code to the dev and QA environment
The Incepta team created the Azure infrastructure to connect different platforms, integrate services, and obtain real-time data. We also carried out regular Knowledge Transfer sessions to go over the project documents which included the:
- Design Documentation: Incepta created and updated the design documentation simultaneously with the project implementation which kept both Incepta and the client in sync with all the knowledge being transferred.
- Deployment Plan: Incepta’s deployment plan helped the client’s tech team to stay organized and ready for the project’s deployment.
By partnering with Incepta Solutions, this industry-leading enterprise could achieve its goal of a scalable cloud infrastructure solution for its business expansion needs. Our solution offered:
- Flexible infrastructure that is easily reusable across all brands and channels.
- Improved, real-time, better quality, and consistent data
- Merged data from different sources and presented the unified data consistently
- Highly secure platform infrastructure at all levels across the business.
Incepta helps global businesses to perform assessments of their current infrastructure, select the most suitable, cutting-edge technology products, and implement a smooth transition to the latest and greatest technology products to achieve their digital transformation needs.
If you are in the Retail and CPG industry and looking for cloud migration services critical to your business expansion, revenue growth, and smooth business operations, contact us today!