Incepta’s custom API integration solution – Case Study
This case study explains how Incepta’s custom API integration solution helped one of its Canadian Government clients to successfully adopt MuleSoft and drive multi-system connectivity to launch its new line of operations.
Our client, a government entity, had the mandate to launch a new product line on top of their existing business. Incepta was selected for this complex API integration project as we are MuleSoft Premier Partners and our certified MuleSoft developers have years of experience in implementing complex API solutions.
- Launch a new line of business quickly
- Drive connectivity between multiple cloud and on-premise platforms
- Integrate siloed data sources and enable data exchange between them
Our client had the mandate to launch a new product line for Cannabis on top of their existing business of liquor and gaming. The project required integration of the new system Cannabis Product Master (CPM) with the following systems
- Oracle JD Edwards ERP – Served as the principal ERP backbone
- CONNECT Logistics – Responsible for managing ordering and distribution services
- Sitecore – CMS and e-Commerce platform for online ordering with doorstep delivery
- TD Bambora – 3rd party Payment Gateway for credit card processing
Incepta’s Core Responsibilities: Custom API development and documentation, designing and documenting integration architecture, setting up API driven integration environments, managing MuleSoft Anypoint platform and testing (unit/integration), and QA support.
- Crown commercial enterprise
- The agency that oversees the gaming, liquor, and cannabis industries
- Agency regulates alcoholic beverages, recreational cannabis, and gaming-related activities
Our client is a Canadian Government agency that provides licensing and regulation of all liquor outlets, cannabis outlets, and gaming events. It ensures that gaming, liquor, and cannabis activities are conducted honestly, openly, and with the highest level of integrity.
- Multiple disparate cloud-based and in-house systems
- Siloed data sources, not able to connect due to numerous endpoints
- Legacy infrastructure
The existing workflow and processes relied on multiple cloud-based and in-house systems with numerous endpoints. With multiple endpoints in the enterprise, creating connectivity was even more difficult. See the list of various disparate systems in the image below-
Custom API Integration Solution
Incepta proposed a MuleSoft API-driven integration platform that provided the backbone to interface multiple applications quickly and effectively, enabling them to exchange data. The API solution enabled the organization to integrate its existing applications and launch new products quickly without having to worry about dependencies or changes in other systems.
THE LAUNCH OF A NEW LINE OF BUSINESS (LOB)
- Incepta’s MuleSoft API-driven platform helped the government agency launch a new LOB.
- Phase 1 enabled the sale of the main product line while Phases 2 and 3 introduced the sale of related products and accessories.
- The MuleSoft API middleware platform established intelligent connectivity between the SITECORE e-comm platform with multiple backend systems such as JDEdwards ERP, Connect Logistics warehouse management & distribution platform, and TD payment gateway.
- Incepta was closely involved with Infrastructure enhancements in preparation for the rollout of the MuleSoft-enabled platform.
Technology Used: MuleSoft Integration, Oracle JD Edwards ERP, Sitecore CMS
Industry: Government, Cannabis, Retail, Food and Beverages, Gaming
By partnering with Incepta Solutions, our client could achieve its goal of integrating multiple systems. The agency launched a new line of business quickly without any changes to other systems.
Benefits of Custom API Integration Solution
- Launching new product lines became easy as changing a component in the enterprise model. Agency could launch its-
- Main Product Line in 10 days
- Secondary Product Line in 5 days
- Accessories in 5 days
- The agency can leverage new technology, SaaS-based specialized tools, and enhanced methodology to increase business values without having to worry about connectivity and compatibility.
- The legacy systems’ functions and data are now easily accessible to more modern cloud systems without any risk of change to the existing systems.
- The value of the API first strategy and MuleSoft investment are now clearly defined and measurable as a business KPI.
- One-to-one relationships between business functions and APIs were established and APIs now are ready to be incorporated into multiple applications and processes.
Incepta has been instrumental in helping organizations drive automation through custom API development and integration services. From healthcare, banking, media, e-commerce, and logistics, Incepta has helped companies achieve success through digital transformation and automation.